Q. Can I pick up physical books and/or other materials at the Library?
Starting Feb. 8, 2021, you can. And for now, books can be mailed. Please note: Requesting services are only available to current SF State students, staff, and faculty. You can get access to physical collections from our Library and other libraries by doing the following:
- Submit your request. If you have questions about how to submit a request for items from the Library's collections, click here. If you have questions about how to submit a request for items at other libraries via interlibrary services (CSU+ & ILLiad), click here. Be sure to choose "Pick up" on the request form.
- You will receive an email notification once your items are ready to be picked up. Items will be available for pick-up for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Please note that it may take up to 7 days for items from the Library’s collections to be ready, and it may take 2-3 weeks for items requested via interlibrary services to be ready.
- Stop by the Ground floor entrance of the J. Paul Leonard Library during our hours of operation. Be sure to wear a mask, bring your SF State ID (or another form of identification), and practice physical distancing.
- Once inside the Ground floor entrance, look for the table with books and other items in the alcove (pictured below) near the Gators Helping Gators ambassador. You will need to show your SF State ID or another form of identification in order to pick up the items you requested.
5. Items will be placed in individual bags. After you show a form of identification to the Gators Helping Gators Ambassador, they will retrieve the bag(s) with your name.
6. When you are finished with the items, you can return them to one of the Library's book returns (see map below) or you can mail them to:
Circulation Services, J. Paul Leonard Library, 1630 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.